Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Brief eye in the storm

Yea, yea, yea. I know. I'm a bad blogger. I haven't posted yet today (until now) But it's production day at Capital Press, so there's other publishing of ag news going on that's getting the bulk of my attention.

For example, one of my duties is putting together our opinion pages each week. This week, readers of our East and West editions, which go to Eastern Oregon/Washington and Western Oregon/Washington will get to read the Capital Press endorsement editor for the Oregon governor's race.

Subscribers in Idaho and California will get an editorial looking at a cross section of issues on the ballot in November in four Western states which all seem to be influencing each other.

Westerners have a reputation of being independent thinkers and free-spirited, but you may not know that by initiative efforts to put items on the ballot in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and California. Everyone seems to be following everyone else.

Anyway, I've got one page to correct before sending it to press and another page to finish, so this is all you get for now.

Tomorrow I am sitting in on a web seminar to find out how to do this whole podcasting thing I've been experimenting with. Maybe they'll tell me what I've been doing wrong and what I still need to know to do it right.

Let's hope.



No comments:

Ag in the West social media watch

Capital Press videos on YouTube

Our most popular videos