Friday, September 29, 2006

Wake me when September ends

Ever have one of those days when you feel like you should have stayed in bed? I've had a couple of those in a row now. Yesterday, I was smarter and did just stay in bed. That's why I didn't have a post for yesterday. Somewhere along the line I caught a nasty bug from someone, and it knocked me out yesterday.

I woke up this morning, convinced I was feeling better and decided to come in to work. It didn't take me too long to realize I may have been fooling myself. I don't know if this is a nasty cold, or a bout of flu or what, but it's doing a number on me, that's for sure. So, we'll see how well I get through the day.

I don't know how small-scale farmers do it. You can't afford to get sick if you are ranch foreman, handyman, livestock feeder, irrigator and all-around everything on a small farm. Thank God I don't have to do anything strenuous today like move irrigation pipe. I'd end up passed out in a hay field somewhere.

When I get home I'll drink a toast of NyQuil to all those hardworking farmers who works when the work beckons.



No comments:

Ag in the West social media watch

Capital Press videos on YouTube

Our most popular videos