Thursday, September 14, 2006

Are you tough enough for Round-Up?

The Thursday edition of the 2006 Pendleton Round-Up is less than 30 minutes from getting under way. I remembered to bring all my Western apparel but I'm still looking a bit out of place on the rodeo grounds today. I'm still not dressed quite right.
Today is "Tough Enough to Wear Pink" day at the Pendleton Round-Up. Today contestants and fans will be showing their support for the fight against breast cancer by wearing pink. There are pink shirts, bandanas -- even boots -- in evidence all around the grounds today.
It's not that I am not willing, even eager, to support that cause. I lost an aunt to breast cancer and have had several friends who have had to fight that devastating affliction. It's just that I don't have any Western apparrel that is pink. In fact I think the only clothing I have with pink anymore is a tie with pink in it. And that would definitely look out of place here.
Well, fortunately, my press pass the Round-Up media and security folks issued to me is pink. Maybe that will be enough to show my support and keep me from looking like a complete outsider.
Let's get ready to rodeo.

No comments:

Ag in the West social media watch

Capital Press videos on YouTube

Our most popular videos