Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Breakfast in Fresno without Raisins

Fresno, California is with without question the raisin capital of the world. But you cannot get California raisins for your oatmeal.

Hard to believe, but it's the perfect example of how corporate structures fail. Corporate franchises cannot accommodate local needs or improvise for their local communities.

In the case of Denny's Restaurant on Olive Way in Fresno, (and probably among others from my experience) you cannot get raisins for your oatmeal. None. I couldn't believe it. It's like peanut butter without the jelly. A cookie without the milk.

Don't get me wrong the oatmeal was fine. But there is only one way to ruin it: Provide no raisins.

Sun-Maid, ...if you're listening...somebody in Fresno needs a talkin' to.

Tomorrow you'll get my oatmeal report from the House of Pancakes™. I

I'm hoping to get my raisins.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The folks in Selma might take issue with Fresno as the "raisin capital", http://www.cityofselma.com/

Ag in the West social media watch

Capital Press videos on YouTube

Our most popular videos