Tuesday, July 27, 2010

California State Fair video

Hey again — one of the projects I've gotten to work on this summer has been editing video footage that reporters take while they're in the field conducting interviews. As a new media communications major at Oregon State University, part of my curriculum for my major has required that I take pre-, post-, studio and field production classes to learn about shooting and editing video in the studio and in the field, so getting to edit reporters' videos has been a fun way to experiment with what I've learned from my classes, as well as test my editing skills.

I recently edited a video that Wes Sander shot at the California State Fair that centered around the fact that, since fair officials decided to start the fair a month earlier this year, they've seen a significant increase in the amount of livestock exhibitors, largely due to the fact that kids are usually in school when the fair starts in mid-August, but are still on vacation in mid-July. In case anyone is interested, I'll post the video here.

No comments:

Ag in the West social media watch

Capital Press videos on YouTube

Our most popular videos